Kate & Ashley
The amazing Kate and Ashley were my second referral from the lovely ladies at Blank Canvas and the wedding was again at Littlefield Manor just outside Guildford, Surrey.
My day started with me finding Kate at her sister’s house in Farnborough, Surrey. Here I found the talented Arabella Hewitt working in Kate’s hair and make-up, transforming the already beautiful bride-to-be into a stunning vision. I spend some time getting the detail and prep shots I wanted before I nipped round the corner to find the boys. LOVED Ash’s beard (of course). Love a beardy wedding.
With everything I needed I headed on over to the church – St Anne’s in Bagshot, Surrey – to meet the vicar and get ready for the ceremony. I love a traditional wedding and all involved and this one was no exception.
Afterwards there was confetti outside the church, then the bride and groom set off in their vintage car to the reception venue. Littlefield Manor is a gorgeous listed Tudor and Jacobean manor house set on 400 acres of farmland. John, who owns it with his brother, used to run a dairy farm here but he closed that side of the business in the 1980’s. He now allows the Blank Canvas team to run weddings within his gardens and grounds.
Upon arrival I was bowled over by the set up. Kate and Ashley had spared no expenses in booking a vintage photo booth in an airstream caravan provided by The Flash Pack, amazing canapes from the very talented Hobo Co as well as mini golf and the most incredible Tee Pee marquee, the place looked amazing as I’m sure you have seen from the photos.
As the evening progressed and darkness fell the firepit came out with marshmallow toasting to boot!!!
Here’s Kate’s list of her fab suppliers:
- Tipi Tents – they also provided the fire pits, the tables and chairs/benches, the lighting in the tents, one of the bars
- Flowers – I choose the exact designs from Pinterest and this company brought this to life amazingly!
- Kate shoes – Kurt Geiger
- Ashley and the Best men’s suites all purchased from – Hugo Boss
- Ashley wedding shoes – Dune
- Kate dress Elizabeth McQueen Bridal – sale dress by Maggie Sottero
- Bridesmaids dresses also Elizabeth McQueen Bridal – dresses all by Dessy
- Hair and make-up by Arabella Hewitt
- Videographer – Paul Taberham of Gold Band Films
- Balloons – all those lovely big balloons we had were from Bubblegum Balloons
- A lot of the dressing bits and pieces we used were from The Beautiful Day e.g. Candle lanterns, one of the bars, the table runners, the chair back ties.
- The hog roast dinner
- The Hobo – they provided the lunch we had and all those bits and even the marshmallow toasting bits! –
- The band including the jazz band on arrival, all the same people – Band called Motor City Soul
- Mini Golf